When I talk with colleagues who are computer science grads, I find that startups get a lot of hype. I am not sure if I should pursue a tech career at a startup or at Microsoft–where I know there are plenty of opportunities. What should I consider as I decide? –Plotting and Planning
Startups can seem exciting, but when you consider tech jobs, remember the risks. When you picture success at an early-stage company, you may take inspiration from the money you will earn once the company “hits it big.” But here is the truth: Half of all startups don’t make it past their fifth year in business.
On the other hand, choosing Microsoft to launch your career provides nothing but upside. Here’s why:
· You will work on challenging projects that will stretch your skills.
· Some of the industry’s brightest minds work here and they foster a culture that makes tech grads feel welcome.
· We offer cutting-edge training and unrivaled mentoring from the tech industry’s top talent.
· Our career paths provide clear steps for success.
· Our benefits are the best in the business.
· Microsoft is getting ready to launch some of the most exciting products you’ve seen yet.
Don’t believe the hype. I admit I’m biased, but for tech jobs, Microsoft is your best bet.
Great question. I hope that helps.