University grads and students: We’re on a quest for the best talent in the industry. School is still in session for now, but we know you’re looking for great-fit jobs, so this is the perfect time to learn more about us.
Last year, for our university candidates, we put together an infographic that color-blocked the core engineering roles at Microsoft, and shaped the design around them. You’ll find last year’s poster right here. We got such great feedback on it, we decided to create a new one this year.
Today, we’re revealing our new university recruiting poster. Click on the image below or click here.
Are you game for a trivia contest? See if you can find some fun facts in the mix. To try:
- How many operating systems does Xbox One have at its core? (Answer: Three)
- What next-generation printing tech is built into Windows 8.1? (Answer: 3D printing)
- How many petabytes of data does Bing analyze to provide your search results? (Answer: More than 100 petabytes)
The poster offers info that will hopefully help you better understand the breadth of roles and technologies at Microsoft. And if you follow us on Facebook or Twitter, you may have noticed we’ve been teasing out snippets of the new image. Why?
We’re getting ready to kick off our Choose Your Own Adventure Twitter Contest. Starting at 10 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Monday, October 28, 2013 and every day through Friday, November 1, 2013, we’ll be offering up some Microsoft trivia questions for you to consider.
The questions – published by @MicrosoftJobs – will relate to the Microsoft products and types of engineering roles available to university graduates at Microsoft. So you’ll want to study up on that poster (shown above)!
Daily winners will receive their own Microsoft university program T-shirt.
As if you needed another reason to tweet.
The challenge: We ask, you answer. You show us your knowledge, and who knows? Pretty soon, you just might find your besties, your buddies, your friends in CS, asking: “Where’d you get that?”
And when you’re participating in the contest, keep in mind:
- You must be following @MicrosoftJobs to be eligible to win.
- Your answer must be a reply to our tweet with the #MSTreeTee hashtag included in your response.
- Typos and misspelled words will automatically disqualify you, so be sure to type your answers correctly.
- If you need to mention a specific product feature or tech, use the full name of the product feature or technology correctly.
- If you do score a shirt, right on! But it’s a one-shot deal. You are not eligible to win again during this contest period. (Entry Period: 10:00 a.m. PT on Monday, October 28, 2013 to 12:00 p.m. PT on Friday, November 1, 2013)
Each day, the first person to answer the question accurately wins a new Microsoft “Create today. Change tomorrow.” T-shirt!
MICROSOFT “CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE” UNIVERSITY CONTEST ON TWITTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft “Choose Your Adventure” University Contest on Twitter promotion will operate (“Contest”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
This is a knowledge-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to encourage followers of @MicrosoftJobs to answer questions. For purposes of this Contest, you may enter the Contest once by making a tweet via Twitter in accordance with these Official Rules. The tweet will be called an “entry.” All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the prizes described below.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 10:00 am PT on October 28, 2013, and ends at 12:00 p.m. PT on November 1, 2013 (“Entry Period”).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are
a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia 18 years of age or older; and
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void wherever prohibited by law.
WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY?
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
- The entry tweet must include @MicrosoftJobs and the hashtag #MSTreeTee in each reply to the contest question.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
- is obscene or offensive;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
HOW DO I ENTER?
At approximately 10:00am PT daily during the Entry Period, a new Microsoft “Choose Your Adventure” University Contest trivia question will be posted online at https://twitter.com/microsoftjobs. To enter, you must do all of the following:
- Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit https://twitter.com/ to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
- Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of Microsoft Jobs at @MicrosoftJobs.
- You must be following @MicrosoftJobs during the contest period in order to qualify.
- From your own account, reply to @MicrosoftJobs and your tweet must contain @MicrosoftJobs and the #MSTreeTee to be eligible for entry and be no longer than 130 characters, including @MicrosoftJobs and the #MSTreeTee hashtag.
The first person to correctly tweet a correct reply will win the prize described below. Limit of one entry per trivia question per person or Twitter account.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason or for entries that do not include @MicrosoftJobs or the #MSTreeTee hashtag or do not answer the question.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above; and
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
The first person to correctly respond will receive Microsoft branded items, including one new Microsoft University Recruiting “Create today. Change tomorrow.” t-shirt. Approximate Retail Value $20. Limit of one prize per person during the Entry Period.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you via Direct Message on Twitter to the account provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. Winners can expect to receive their prize within two (2) to three (3) weeks following verification of eligibility.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, the Microsoft Recruiting Social Media Team reserves the right to determine the winner and will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf.
We will only award one (1) prize per person.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Contest depend on the number of eligible entries we receive and the accuracy of your answer.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST?
By entering this Contest you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the winners on @MicrosoftJobs each day as they are determined.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052